• Register

The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
New Game - Mystical_Era (EA 6-8 Players CBM 1.94) PBEM Newbies/Beginners - (In Progress) (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : Multiplayer : New Game - Mystical_Era (EA 6-8 Players CBM 1.94) PBEM Newbies/Beginners - (In Progress)) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
May 7 2013 Anchor

General Game Information
Name of the Game: Mystical_Era
Network or PBEM: PBEM
Hosting Schedule: 28 Hours
Number of Players: 6 -8
Skill level: Newbies
Expected Commitment Level: Low - Average

Game Settings
All settings default
Re-Naming: Allowed
Score Graphs: Off

Nation Selection: Early Age
Map: Parganos (116 Land + 19 Sea) wraparound
Mods: CBM 1.94

Victory Conditions: Last God preaching =)
Diplomacy: Optional
General Rules -
Disallowed Exploits -

Admin: Doradan
Vice Admin -

Player List
1.Doradan - Niefelheim (Pretender sent in)
2. Goldboy - Fomoria (Pretender sent in)
3. DegenerateArt - C`tis (Pretender sent in)
4. Brihaspati - Arcoscephale (Pretender sent in)
5. Beelzeboss - Lanka (Pretender sent in)
6. Werker - Yomi (Pretender sent in)
7. Byrdman - Ulm (Pretender sent in)
8.Bronwell - Sauromatia (Pretender sent in)

Hello everyone!

Im creating a new Game on the Llamaserver for us newbies, because im pretty sure MP is a whole lot more fun than SP.
Pls reply if you want to join, listing your prefered Nation and i will add you to the Game on a first come first serve base. I will create the Game on the Llamaserve after 5 people have signed up, yo you can start sending in your pretenders.

Looking forward to a nice game =)

Edit: I´ll look if a find a wrap around version of Parganos, and ill ask all signed in players right before creation of game if they prefer to play with or without score graphs, so far it seems we are going to play with out them. This means i`ll postpone the game creation until our 8th Player has signed himself in.

Considering 48 or 28 hours: I think most us will play there first turns quite fast, since we are eager to experience the MP Mode, but if you start hitting Problems with your Time frame Goodknight, we will consider changing the Turn Times to 48h

Final Edit: We are full, ill set the game up at llamaserver.net under the Game Name Mystical_Era. The Score Graphs will be turned off, as it seems no one has a problem with it. See you in the Realm! The map can be found here (Thx to Goldenboy for that!):
Forum.shrapnelgames.com

Edited by: Doradan

May 7 2013 Anchor

Howdy, first post in desura forum ;) Ive played one MP game couple months ago in the shrapnel forum and lost fairly early, its time for another go 8)

Sign me up with Fomoria.

May 7 2013 Anchor

If you guys by chance change to 48 hour hosting and no graphs PM me?

May 7 2013 Anchor

Hi Goodknight!

I have no problem with an 48 hour schedule, but guessing from your request to disable score graphs, could it be that you are already a little bit above the "newbie" level? =)

I have only played against the AI so far, so I have no clue if that actually counts as training for the MP, but based on that i never would have got the idea to diasble the score graphs do decrease the availabel information about the other players (I suppose that is the intended reason?)

May 7 2013 Anchor

Hi, sign me in with Abysia.

I would also like at least 48h but also score disabled: I think it basically makes diplomacy even more important as well as solid scouting.

But default settings are fine with me as well.

May 7 2013 Anchor

edit: removed post

Edited by: shonuf1

May 7 2013 Anchor

I'm on the fence about joining this game.

I'm not sure removing score graphs would be a good thing.

It would make the game much more of a province lottery than it already is (I've gone one game where I found only 2 province sin 26 with scouts, another game with like a third of 30 provinces having scouts).

If scouts were more distributed I'd be all for not using score graphs...but regardless of what anyone says, your settings (both 24h time and score graphs and cbm) are within common parameters within 2-3 days you'll have plenty of players without changing them.

Edited by: elitesix

May 7 2013 Anchor

I'm interested in joining as R'lyeh.

May 7 2013 Anchor

Hi, please sign me up as Arco for my first MP. I'm fine with whatever rules will be agreed upon.

May 7 2013 Anchor

I do think graphs showing is pretty bad for the game, it gives a lot of info away really easily and in a stupid manner (seeing when somebody starts a war and with whom, seeing if a province that changed hands had a lot of gem income, that somebody just took a ton of mages off research, somebody started with a research pretender...). Seeing something with your scouts is much more interesting than piecing together what happens, from the graphs, and much more in line with the rest of the game mechanics.

The fact that sites with scout recruitment are relatively rare is a bad issue though, but I don't think that the score graphs are the right solution to fill the lack of intelligence. I wonder if there's a mod that, for example, puts a scout recruitable into all the provinces with common humans.

But to OP, just try and estimate how it'll affect the game whatever rules you put in, then pick the ones that you personally think you'd like most. I'm sure you'll get enough players in any case, and others can start games with rules they're fond of.

May 7 2013 Anchor

One suggestion though is the map. You may want to use a wrap-around map; those are considered much more balanced because otherwise having a map corner is a huge advantage.

May 7 2013 Anchor

I would like to join as Lanka. This would be my 2nd multiplayer game.

May 7 2013 Anchor

I'm fine with all the settings suggested in first post, mod and map. I'd also prefer sticking with 28 hours hosting at least for the beginning to get things going, maybe an increase after 20 or 30 turns. Graphs off works well in LA where there is an abundance of indy scouts, but in EA they are often hard to come by so Id rather tend towards keeping them on. Though Im fine with either way.

Edited by: goldboy

May 7 2013 Anchor

Hello! I would like to join as Yomi, Oni Kings.

May 7 2013 Anchor

And I've changed my mind, gonna withdraw from this.

May 8 2013 Anchor

Hello, I'd be interested in joining the game as Ulm. I've played in a few games so far, but I'm still fairly new.

May 8 2013 Anchor

I would like to join as Sauromatia. I have played many single player games (back to Dominions 2) but never a multiplayer game.

May 8 2013 Anchor

Doradan wrote: Hi Goodknight!

I have no problem with an 48 hour schedule, but guessing from your request to disable score graphs, could it be that you are already a little bit above the "newbie" level? =)

I have only played against the AI so far, so I have no clue if that actually counts as training for the MP, but based on that i never would have got the idea to diasble the score graphs do decrease the availabel information about the other players (I suppose that is the intended reason?)

lol nope :D just everytime we play with graph on it hurts players which rush.
I have yet to finish a game :) So technically this would be my "first" game :D Just started about two months ago.

Anyways since Abysia is now out of the question I'll back down :) But you guys should really try playing without the graphs! it is so much more interesting like that.. Makes you really a lot more on scouts.

Edited by: GoodKnight_IL

May 8 2013 Anchor

I don't know if it hurts a rushing player always, usually it should just be an easy way to tell who's ahead and should be ganged on. Early game it should hurt people who take a lot of provinces quick, more than they can defend - without graphs it's harder to tell whether somebody did this, since you have to look around for a moment before you assess how much ground your neighbor has.

May 8 2013 Anchor

Also when attacking someone people rely too much on the graph.. It essentially does all the scouting for you.
Do I have more troops than him? How much research has he done?

Edited by: GoodKnight_IL

May 8 2013 Anchor

i'd love to sign up as mictlan. i've played a few games, but never even SP as a blood nation. i probably won't last long

May 8 2013 Anchor

I'd also like to join as Hinnom, though it seems there are less than 0 spaces left so >.>.

May 8 2013 Anchor

if youre the same parone from the shrapnelgames forum i think you are a bit higher than "newbie" level..

@GoodKnight
Army Size graph doesnt really say much. For all I know someone could be recruiting a ton of milita. So scouting which unit types are being recruited would still be necessary, and more importantly movement of armies...
IMO the two graphs which give away the most significant intel are gem income and research. It would be a great feature if one could selectively disable/enable specific graphs.

Edit PS: By the way I've made a wraparound version of Parganos, we could use it for this MP game.

Edited by: goldboy

May 8 2013 Anchor

no worries. you have another player with collectiveS in any case.

good luck, have fun

May 9 2013 Anchor

goldboy wrote: if youre the same parone from the shrapnelgames forum i think you are a bit higher than "newbie" level..

@GoodKnight
Army Size graph doesnt really say much. For all I know someone could be recruiting a ton of milita. So scouting which unit types are being recruited would still be necessary, and more importantly movement of armies...
IMO the two graphs which give away the most significant intel are gem income and research. It would be a great feature if one could selectively disable/enable specific graphs.

Edit PS: By the way I've made a wraparound version of Parganos, we could use it for this MP game.

Either way my point still stands :D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.